515 Niagara St. Welland, ON Tel: 905-732-2418


How do I choose the right policy for my home?

Your home should be insured from the moment you take legal ownership – even if it is still under construction. Your broker’s expertise is particularly useful at this stage when you really need to match policy features with needs. Here’s a primer to get you started:

Home insurance covers the building, its contents and liability.

There are usually three parts to your homeowner’s policy, the building, its contents and liability. For condominium owners and tenants, just the contents and liability coverages apply.

Policies range from comprehensive to “bare-bones.”

You can save money by scaling down your policy but be careful not to under-insure. Choose from these general policy categories:
1. Comprehensive
2. Basic/Named Perils
3. Broad